Area Rugs are the perfect accessory for virtually any floor in your home. They enhance interior design, by creating a focal point, while providing warmth and protecting your hard surface flooring. Area Rugs come in a wide range of styles, sizes and prices and are the perfect compliment to Hardwood, Laminate and Tile floors. Styles vary from contemporary to rustic to oriental, guaranteeing a match for any room design.
- Flat Weave: Flat Weave rugs are traditionally hand-woven in India. They are usually wool or cotton and come in various colors and designs.
- Braided: Braided rugs are made from strips of cloth braided and stitched together. They have a more casual, rustic look.
- Hooked: Hooked rugs are made with yarn or fabric pulled through a backing.
- Needlepoint: Needlepoint rugs are stitched on a canvas with woolen yarns. They often come in floral patterns.
- Oriental Rugs: Hand-knotted Oriental rugs are usually named after their place of origin. They feature rich colors and patterns and are very durable. Many machine-made rugs, featuring Oriental rug designs, are also referred to as Oriental rugs.
- Helpful Hint: Make sure you place a non-skid cushion under all area rugs to keep them from sliding. This will help increase the life of your area rug as well as keep people from slipping on the rugs.